Wednesday, October 1, 2014

CRIMINAL MINDS Season 10 - Jennifer Love Hewitt: "Kate's the 'Barney Fife' to Hotch's 'Andy'" - EW Interview

By Natalie Abrams

Get ready to meet the newest member of the BAU when Criminal Minds debuts its 10th season.

Ghost Whisperer alum Jennifer Love Hewitt is returning to CBS this fall as FBI Agent Kate Callahan, who will gladly fill the void at the BAU after Blake's (Jeanne Tripplehorn) sudden exit in the season finale. The team will welcome her with open arms after spending the summer down a man, so to speak. How will she fit in? And what made Hewitt return to broadcast television? EW caught up with the actress to get the scoop.

EW: How did you joining Criminal Minds come together?
JLH: I had been on a break for a bit being a mommy. They were looking to add a new cast member and obviously I spent some time at CBS before, doing Ghost Whisperer. Honestly, I had always wondered and been waiting to find the perfect way to get back. My first CBS experience was so awesome. They're great, and Les [Moonves] has been great to me. I was really excited when they called and asked to take a meeting. I met with [showrunner] Erica [Messer], who I've known since I was 14 from Party of Five. I hadn't seen her in a really long time, so it was great to catch up with her. It all fit and the timing was perfect.

EW: Tell us about Kate Callahan.
JLH: Kate is a really interesting woman. She comes to the BAU with her own experience, which I like. I wasn't quite sure at first if I was going to be a newbie who hadn't done this before. When they told me about her, I was...

To Read More: EW.com